Thursday, April 9, 2015

My Trip My Adventure

What you do when you are stuck to routines? Vacation of course. Last week, it is a hard week, many field assignment, documents and audit, budget planning for year 2015, and else. So, it is time for vacation. Based on articles in internet, we need break, refreshing, vacation every 90 days. For workers who only have 12 days off per year, maybe short vacation is the answer.

Jogja is a right place to spend the days off. It is 5 hours journey by train. I chose Lodaya Malam train, departs from Tasik around 10 p.m. and arrives in Jogja around 3 a.m. Ticket price is from IDR 150.000 to IDR 300.000, based on the class you choose. I chose the cheapest ones, and feel pain on my back :p, but overall, I enjoyed the trip. The train arrived at 3:30 a.m. a little behind the schedule. Fortunately, my friend is willing to pick me up at train station in very early morning. Thank you very much bro!


After flash sleep, the journey had begun.


First stop: Nasi Pecel Bu Wiryo
Location: Somewhere near UGM
Menu: I chose nasi pecel plus egg and of course crackers (IDR 20.000, quite expensive for me :p)


It is suitable for breakfast, fast serve, little "heavy", not too spicy. Ok, breakfast done, it is time to go hiking. The destination is the famous Mt. Merapi. The one of most active volcano in Indonesia, stands almost 3.000 meters a.s.l. But...the rain is down.


We have to wait until the rain is done because we climb the mountain using old, open roof jeep. Yes, off-road time is coming!


We chose the short trip (IDR 300.000 per jeep) because the weather is not so good, also there is risk of landslide. The trip is about two hours long, visit museum of Merapi, alien rock, and bunker. The museum of Merapi is a (rest of a) house near the peak of Merapi. The stuffs are all covered by volcano's ash. There is also the skeleton of buffalo which is the proof of how the heat of eruption demolish all things. Last eruption of Merapi is in 2010. It is also the end of Mbah Maridjan's life, who is "keeper" of Mt. Merapi.





Alien rock is a huge rock that fly from the crater of Merapi, not sure from 2006 or 2010 eruption. The shape of the rock is look alike human face.




The bunker is like protection house for the people who lives in 5 km radius of Mt. Merapi. Now, the bunker is closed due to 2010 eruption.


From bunker, the view of Mt. Merapi is very good. I took the picture of the jeep with Mt. Merapi as a background. A stunning scenery!




This is my trip, my adventure. What's yours?

Rifandi






No comments:

Post a Comment