Thursday, December 31, 2015

Nature of East Priangan

Last month I went to one of tourist destinations in Tasikmalaya, It called Curug Dengdeng (Waterfall) and Karang Tawulan beach. It located in southern of Tasikmalaya City. Actually, Karang Tawulan is already part of Pangandaran Region.

The journey start at 8 in the morning, my friends are ready before 8 at meeting point. Mostly, we rides motorcycle, but I choose to take a car because my equipment is being left in Bandung.


We ride for almost 2 hours before we arrive at Cikatomas, rest awhile in gas station, Curug Dengdeng is only 4 km from the gas station. When I look to the fall, I disappointed. Well, the fall is not waterfall, the water is not there. Unfortunately wet season was not yet coming. So this is it. Curug Dengdeng.


Anyway, we still try to get some freshness from the water under the fall. The water is clear, clean, and fresh. Be careful if you want to swim, several parts is deeper than 3 meters. Enough with the falls, we continue the journey to the beach, Karang Tawulan beach, approximately one hour journey from the fall.


In Karang Tawulan beach, there is a lot of spots to be explored. I choose to walk around and find this place. It is rocky cliff where I can enjoy sunset.


As I wait for sunset, there are severals fisherman who go to this wavy water of the sea to look for lobster. No wonder lobster is expensive commodity.


At last, sunset. I love sunset, the color of the sky, the stress relieve feeling, the sound of sea water hit the rock. It is fact that to get here, beaches at southern West Java, is difficult, hard to find reliable public transportation and accomodation, but as long as you have your own vehicle and travel mates of course, nature of east priangan will gives you unforgettable moments.

Have a nice holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment